A Season for the Books

Back to Article
Back to Article

A Season for the Books

Janet Song

Football ended this season with a whopping 9-1 win to loss ratio, making history for Tartan’s football team. Making it to section finals showed the team meant serious business to the opponents of Tartan Senior High.  The student athletes worked hard and improved their skills in football.

Coach Diediker says,” Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed the season and loved being Tartan’s football coach.” Student athletes, specifically his football students, are what makes him so passionate about coaching football at Tartan. He values the commitment and dedication the students put into the team. Seeing them fail and try again at something that they aren’t used to is something that he values. Coach Diediker says,” It takes a lot to put yourself out in the limelight and take a chance to perhaps fail.”   Diediker believes in his football athletes, seeing great potential for them in the future. He enjoys seeing his athletes work hard and improve skills that will later on help them not only educationally but personally and professionally as well. 

This year coach Diediker was very ecstatic to come this far in 2019’s football season. Even though the team didn’t meet their ultimate goal for this season- returning to the state tournament- the football team and Diediker were still proud of themselves. Positive attitude and effort brought an awesome season this year.