Tartan’s got a whole lotta talent!

Hamdi Gure, Reporter

Congratulations to EVERYONE who performed at  Tartan‘s Got Talent in early October during the Homecoming festivities. Ms. Price the talent show adviser claimed, “this was the MOST talented bunch of contestants we’ve ever had!”

“This was the MOST talented bunch of contestants we’ve ever had!” claims Ms. Price about the Tartan Talent Show of 2019. This year, our contestants pulled off one heck of a show! Featuring a variety of entertainment such as singing, dancing, and drumming. 3rd place was awarded to senior Sasha Tomasevich; second place was given to tenth graders Tunmi Jubril and Niyah Wadley;  and first place was awarded to junior Elle Keller.

Tartans 2019 Talent show was an opportunity for high school students to not only share their talents with their fellow students, parents, administrators, and staff but also the importance of a community supportive of the arts.

After the talent show first-time contestant Niyah Wadley was interviewed and asked why she chose to put on a spectacular show this year saying, “What inspired me? Tunmi inspired me to perform. Um, to be very honest I wouldn’t have done the talent show, if it wasn’t for him.” Tunmi, a well known student due to his positive attitude and determination, played the drums along side Niyah in their performance of Adele’s “Rolling In The Deep”.

All the winners and contestants set the bar high for the 2020 Talent Show!